Sunday, January 20, 2013

“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11


 
One of my greatest passions in life is to travel. I’ve seen the United States almost from sea to shining sea. Monumental landmarks, such as the Statue of Liberty or the seals of the Pacific coast have filled my camera’s lens and my mental scrapbook. From the breathtaking deep cyan colored mountains of Jamaica or the pink sandy beaches of Bermuda, travel is a bug that has infested my body and I am now “travel sick.” It is something I desire and dream about whenever my mind is allowed to wander. I used to imagine my husband and I traveling to the most remote destination, so we could trek through the rainforests of the Amazon, blaze trails through the Sahara desert, or relax in the untouched beauty of Patagonia. All these desires still remain, but one desire has transcended or even suppressed all of my previous wants. I now wish to embark on a new quest that will forever change our lives and our hearts… to Ethiopia. This is our adoption story!
(Repost from November 12, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment