Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nesting

Image

I have been so busy lately with work, that I haven’t found a window of time to blog, which I have sincerely missed. Well, the hubby and I are just playing the waiting game to see how God is going to work in our behalf, regarding our adoption, namely with the financing. At the beginning of our journey, last April, God asked us to adopt. And we answered, “Sure… but how?” concerning the financing. Up to this point God has seriously provided for all of our financial needs, literally down to the last red cent. We have done everything that we physically could do to raise money, and continue to do so. In addition, we have applied for a grant through a Christian adoption foundation (JSC Foundation). As they are reviewing our application, we have been praying every single day that we are one of the few couples chosen. No matter the outcome, I know that the Lord is going to bless, because we are only fulfilling the request He made of us. It is a serious journey of faith.
In the meantime, while we wait, I have had the overwhelming need to get ready for our little one(s). Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, Ebay, Etsy, and my favorite local thrift store have become my favorite stores for baby stuff. Amazon has especially been amazing since I have Amazon Prime, my stuff has gotten to the house superfast. Thus far we have been able obtain the following, since last December:
A crib, mattress, and changing table set
Sheets
Bottles
Pacifiers
Stroller (A convertible stroller that can accommodate one or two)
High Chair
A co-sleeper
Car Seat

I have been able to find all of these at a steal. God has really blessed us in this way, because we are truly trying to save money and all of these treasures were marked down or far below their retail price and most of the items are brand new! In addition to these items, I have committed myself to sewing a quilt for my little bitty and am almost done. I chose to sew the quilt, because I am a real DIYer and could not find what I was looking for in any store. This project has been a true learning experience for a sewing novice like myself. I started this summer and have found that this quilting project has made my sewing skills improve. I have learned from my mishaps and am hopefully on the way to becoming a seamstress like my nana.
Sincerely,
An excited mommy-to-be

(Repost November 7, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment