Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hurry Up and Slow Down...The Process




School is back in session, which explains the lapse in my blog. Many things have occurred behind the scenes. For the past few months, my sweetie and I have been working on and have completed our home study (YAY!!!). This process was very long and at times tedious (collecting papers, going to the doctor for labs, FBI clearance…and the list goes on). Sometimes it seemed like we had to rush to get certain documents in quickly, to avoid a long wait period (FBI and DHR clearances). At other times, like now, I am just twiddling my thumbs just waiting to move forward. All in all, I know God has an expected end for us and it will turn out beautifully!
After completing the interview process with our wonderful social worker, from Agape of North Alabama, we selected an adoption agency and then applied. We chose West Sands Adoption. We did a lot of research during our selection process. We wanted an agency who was ethical and had a Christian stance. We just received several copies of our home study, so the next steps will be more fundraising and then submitting the dossier to Ethiopia. Also, we were approved for “up to two children; either gender,” which we are really excited about! I am hoping for a sibling set or even twins!!! We know whomever God chooses to give us will be the perfect fit. As you can tell by all of the exclamation points in this post, I am absolutely overjoyed, like any expectant parent! TTYL
( Repost Sept 2, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment