Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's a Boy! It's a Girl!?





It’s been a while since I have had the opportunity to blog, but I have finally made the time to do so (since it is Christmas break). Since the last time I posted there have been some minor developments, such as the preparing for our home study. We have been in contact with our social worker and have finally gathered all the mounds of paperwork necessary for this home evaluation. We are scheduled to meet with our social worker, Marci on next week. While I am excited to be this far in the journey, I also wonder what sorts of things are involved in this home study (like, “Are they really going to be walking around my house and looking in every nook and cranny?”).
One issue that we have been considering is our future child’s gender, which we have been grappling over. For the longest time I always thought I wanted to have a son as my firstborn and then perhaps a girl later. As time progresses and I am plotting out our nursery decor, all I can think about is pink! I believe God is leading us towards adopting a girl, but we are still praying about making the right decision. We’ll just have to wait and see what the Lord wants us to do. Either way, we will be happy.

(Repost From December 22, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment